Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shinko Podium - Extended Review Part 2

Whats up Wheelie goers. Blox Here. Just checking back in with a dozen or so sessions on that shiney Shinko Podium rear I put on weeks back.

When I first put this tire on I was really not comfortable with its profile and it seems very stiff. I couldn't get dialed in at my usual 40psi so I ended up dropping it down to 32psi for the first 5 sessions. Tire reacts awesome, was having issues drifting it at this pressure because the tire is almost TOO STICKY for my liking. It was really taking alot to push it out on drifts and keep it going. But I will say  that it played to my advantage during all this cold weather riding. Never had to let it warm up, just out the gate and leaning over it was GTG! After about 5-6 solid sessions on this tire, a few fun rolling burnouts, about midcircle in the last session I thought my tire was going flat. I hop off and nope. Still 32psi. HOOooo crank that soulja boy...ok well it wasn't a soulja boy. More like a compressor. Superman'd that hoe back to 40psi and it dialed right back in.

Back in 40psi land, drifts were a dream it would break when I needed it to and stay sideways however long I wanted it to. This tire is MONEY! Well actually.. I wanted to hit on this point. Its not an expensive tire at all. Puts the beats on those Bridgestones and Dunlop! And I would say out performs them as well. Just as a test though I have a almost new BT015 I will be running in the interim of blowing up this PODIUM and a new one being delivered to my door. So there you have it. Shinko Podium's = DOwheelies.com stamp of approval!

On to a couple other things that gets our stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment