Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FLIPside of doing work! - Part 2 - The PAYOFF!

Welcome back wheelie-goers! I was sitting at work today and forgot that last night the city council was reconvening last night do see if I was still allowed to ride at my legit spot.

I pick up the phone and it took me a few seconds to realize what the phone call related to and then it took me a few more minutes to calm down and start listening. This could be it, I could be official like a referee whistle. Or worse. This could crush the sickest stunt spot I've had. Its so close to my house and the lot is like the perfect size for a couple riders. As I start to focus in on what is being said "This is so and so from the town of so and so"(You think I would tell you were my spot is at so you could blow it up? Yeah. Not on your life).."the council met last night and have come to the decision that you can still practice up there".


WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Man, it paid off. So many times of trying to go out and get a spot, selling yourself over and over again, getting shut down. It is nice to have it come through, especially from a municipality. Almost unheard of! But wait..

There are stipulations: No Wednesdays & Sundays - we are in the bible belt and they don't want to hear the rippin and tearin while they are in church. There is probably two churches in ear shot. Understandable. If people want to come up and play basketball I have to shut it down and pack up - No one wants to get drifted into while huckin up an Alley Oop. This is also understandable. And lastly if I'm still riding down there next year just come back in front of the City Council annually. Gravvvyyy!

So there you have it folks. Put in a little bit of work outside of riding. And things will pay off. Just remember: You're asking something of them, you have to play by their rules. Dress to impress and be courteous, stunters have a bad rep and we all know that, you have to prove otherwise!

I wanted to close by saying thank you to the Mayor and the rest of the City Council!

No comments:

Post a Comment