Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HT Moto Rear Seat - 1st ride review


BOOM SHAKA LAKA!! I had sent a haggard old seat off to the boys at HydroTurf/HTMoto and recently just got it in. Now your thinking, what is the point in flossing out a rear seat when you don't have a glamor bike? Well, to not be stabbed in the back for one.

For the last two years, I've been out of the endo game for the most part and since I got a good front end I'm going to get back into it. Well in this amount of time I've gotten pretty picky with my foot in seat/trunk positioning. Having a size 13 shoe I need a solid place to put my foot. And the flimsy stock seats, just don't cut it. So on my last bike I had machined a billet aluminum foot plate. It was amazing to stand on and make wheelies....but it was always lurking in the back of my head ... "That shit could get midevil on your spine"

Thus, my reason to decide to shell out the pretty pennies to get this seat made. Cory at HTmoto really looked out, I probably wasn't the easiest customer to deal with. I had certain things that i needed to make sure happened or the seat was useless to me. The hole had to stay wide and the foam on the seat  needed to have a nice round buildup so I had plenty of room to stand on. After a few days shipping to Cali, a few days at their shop, and a couple more coming back to Alabama, I was on the fence if it was going to be worth it or not. As I opened the box I had this thought - "..either this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread or it's immediately going for sale".

To my suprise- It was just about perfect! The guys there at HTmoto said they had to add a little more material to the seat base but they didn't go too crazy and the hole still fits my Sasquatch foot nicely.





 I was very specific with Cory over at HTmoto. Almost annoying if I might add. The standing area is super solid and an easy 3". I know what your thinking...in most situations thats not alot, but this thing is a Mandingo as far as rear seats go.

A solid session working on Foot in seat tricks and it felt awesome. The "non-slip" material seems very sturdy and even after a full days abuse and me kicking it around the garage you cant tell I even stood on it!
I had a little issue with this extra build up fitting under my tail saver but with a little massaging and pushing it clicked in and was ready to rock. No trimming or anything. I'm pumped and feel confident on all of my Foot in seat tricks now. I also don't feel like I have Michael Myers creeping behind me when I'm rolling out on some nose coasters!


Now the down side. The Price. Its a little hefty in the coin, $150 for just rear seat work, shipping both ways, but you're paying for the craftsman ship. You can really tell these guys know what they are doing. The high density foam makes all the difference in my opinion. The other kinds of padding allow for friction between the fabric and the padding causing premature wear. Another one of my gripes is the kind of tacky HTmoto logos on the side, I was immediately tempted to cut the stitching and peel them off. They look like they are hot glued on so I may or may not still do this.

Either way a very solid seat and when you mention any of the HTmoto sponsored riders you get %15 off(which makes up for one part of the shipping).

Check them out: http://www.htmoto.us/

1 comment: